Wednesday 17 August 2011

back online...where to start

Ok, so as Blogger is telling me, the last post was on 26 July. So much for writing everyday and launching a career as a columnist (didn't you guess??). But in truth, being hacked has been a very strange experience. An odd text purporting to come from facebook and the next thing I know, I am being inundated with texts/IMs and phone calls - even a couple of callers to the house, to find out if I really had been mugged in Madrid and needed cash. Fortunately, the grammar was so appalling that no one really believed that the email that had been sent in my name from my gmail account was really from me, and took it for what it was as a hoax, but the thought that someone had got in to my email and my facebook account (for indeed they had done so - but they didn't manage to change my password and lock me out completely) was truly horrible. What was worse was the realisation that neither facebook nor google were actually interested in helping out. Look at the small print, they tell me - it's nothing to do with us...

Anyway, as if that wasn't enough, I then went on holiday and wasn't able to keep up the blog because I'd forgotten the newly reset passwords, and it's only now that I have managed to sort out my facebook account that I can blog again...

It's likely to ramble, but there's lots to tell, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments - please leave one. Unfortunately, I have been getting hideous amounts of SPAM so please can you do the word verification thingy?

UA-44695690-1